Student Admission & Information
'Where Yoga Becomes a Way of Life'
The Ananda Sanga training programs guarantee to make yoga teaching simple, easy to apply and produce well educated teachers in all aspects of yoga, to get results and benefits.
To register for the Yoga Teacher Training (YTT) - the candidate must, at the time of the commencement of the course, be:
* In possession of a grade 12 National Senior Certificate (NSC) certificate or equivalent.
* As the primary language of instruction used at ASEI is English, all learners must be able to understand, speak, read and write competently in English.
* Minimum of 6 months of Yoga class experience or completed the Yoga Foundation Course.
* Essay: A written motivational essay is required which must contain the applicant's reasons for choosing to study Yoga as well as their aspirations for their future in the Yoga Industry.
* Pre-requisites are applicable for certain yoga training programmes.
* We recommend and reserve the right to conduct an interview with the prospective learner, prior to granting admission to registration.
* Able to attend all classes and complete all the required.
Academic Staff and Directors
Information regarding our Academic Staff and Directors of the Institute.
We offer the following training programmes - go to trainings for more information:
- Yoga Foundation Course - ideal for yoga students who want to learn more about the knowledge of yoga.
- Yoga Teacher Training (Level 1 - 200 hours) - this is the entry level to become a qualified Yoga Teacher.
- Advanced Yoga Teacher Training (Level 2 - 500 hours) - building on from the YTT, this training offers and advanced 300-hours of yoga education.
- Ayurveda Training - two levels of Ayurveda training.
- MYYO Technique Training - this is a holistic, natural way of relieving discomfort and stress in a person so that they can “Live Life Painlessly”.
Mode of Instruction
Programmes are delivered face-to-face and online and attendance is compulsory in accordance with the Institute's Rules and Regulation. Programmes are delivered in English in accordance with the Institute's Language Policy.
Planning, support and resource allocation is vitally important to the success of the learners. We believe that the facilitation of learning through face to face interaction, peer support enhances understanding and thereby has a direct impact upon the learner's results. Administrative staff is available to assist the learners in any query which they may have related to the programme that they are studying.
Code of Conduct
ASEI takes the conduct of learners and staff seriously, it is imperative that all people are treated fairly and respectfully, in keeping with our values. In this regard we adhere to the Institute's Code of Conduct Policy, which is available from the Institute.
Limited student accommodation is available at the Institute and administration can assist with contact details of alternative accommodation opportunities. Contact Us.
Please contact the Institute for the cost of the relevant training programmes. We do offer payment options.
The Institute offers one bursary opportunity each year, covering the academic fees for that year, to a student who is deemed to have been previously disadvantaged and/or having extreme financial difficulties. Please contact the Administrator for further details.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
Learners, who have existing and suitable qualifications in Yoga Training, may request exemption from certain modules in order to complete the qualification. The RPL qualification cannot be older than 5 years or a proof of updates must be given.